Recent update

Subscribe to RSS feed

Do You See What I See?

July 23rd, 2009 by zmorshed

If you notice me in class, I am a student who barely speaks, unless I am in desparate need of an answer to a question that I may soon forget to ask the professor in private. As a fundamental attribution error, people may percieve me as a very quiet individual, but most of the time, I am the exact opposite. I like my solitude, don’t get me wrong. But I have no problem in being the first person to say hello to a new group of people. I am known as the welcoming, outgoing girl described by my friends.

Sometimes, attitudes can predict our behavior, but they don’t always match up. For instance, if my boss at work is having a ranting session in front of a new patient, the patient might come to a conclusion that his/her doctor is rather noisy and aggressive. This theory proves that men and women are seen in the context we want to see them in. We don’t have enough context about the person or the situation, but we are not hesitant to judge them.

Ladies, I know you all love to rant about men when they treat you minutely unpleasantly. This is just an overgeneralization and an ultimate attribution error. Just because this guy broke up with you does not mean all men in the world are a bunch of pigs (okay, I am being hopeful.)

Posted in genpsych, Uncategorized | | Comments Off on Do You See What I See?

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.