Recent update

Subscribe to RSS feed

forgetful

July 23rd, 2009 by spongeboblover

I HAVE THE ABSOLUTELY MOST FORGETFUL MEMORY EVER, THE ONLY REASON THAT I tND TO FoRGET SO MUCH IS BECAUSE OF ABSENT-MINDEDNESS,TRANSIENCE, BLOCKING, MISATTRIBUTION,SUGGESTIBLITY,BIAS, AND PERSISTANCE. THOSSE ARE THE 7 DEADLY SIN OF FORGETTING.

FORGETING-Whenever i forget something i realize that the only reason that i forget is because i failed to encode ,store or retrieve the information. the first reason that i have a problem with forgetting is because of the three deadly sins. the first sin is absentmindedness. Sometimes i would have the inattention to any details which will usually lead to encoding failure. for example one day i put the remote down somewhere and i was not really paying an y attention  to where i had sat it so i had forgot where it was and i had encodeing failure where it had took a whole week to remember where the remote was.the second sin is transience. this is when storage decay comes into play, like for example i took spanish class when i was in the 9th grade during high school ,that was the only year that i had ever used spanish now when i try to use it i just dont know it because this unused information had faded away. the third and last sin of forgetting is blocking. this is when i try to access information but thr info is inaccessible to my stored information  .for exmaple if i tried to remember something but it was on the tip of my tongue and i was not able to remember it was because i experienced retrieval failure- and i cant get it out.

DiSTORTION-there are 3 sins of distortion-misattribution, suggestibility, and bias. Misattribution is confusing the source of information.for example int he game called telephone someone wold atart off with a short phrase or qquote and theyll whispher it in another persons ear and they’ll whispher in another perosns ear and it will go on like that through 5 or  more people ,the object of the game is for the last person to correctly say what the 1st person had said but most of the time the information is confused because it can only be said once or when someone tells another person info and they relay the info to another they will usually say the opposite of what someone else has already said, which is putting words  in someone elses mouth. the second sin is suggestibility, where you have lingering effects of misinformation.for example if you ask a child if they were touched in their private area it would later become your young child’s false memory.the third and last sin is bias.bias is a belief colored recollection where my current feelings towards one of my friends may color our initial feelings .

INTRUSION-It has one sin called persistance.persistance is unwanted memories such as being haunted by images of a sexual assault.

Posted in genpsych, Uncategorized | | Comments Off on forgetful

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.